Thank you for attending the Fourth International Spring School!
We wish to thank all of you once again for your participation at our Fourth International Spring School on the Science and Practice of Venous Thromboembolism which took place from 7 to 12 May 2019 in Heralkion, Crete, Greece. The School was organised by the Center for Thrombosis and Haemostasis (CTH), University Medical Centre Mainz, Germany, in collaboration with the Leiden University Medical Centre (LUMC), The Netherlands, and it is endorsed by international and European scientific societies.
Following and extending the successful tradition which started four years ago, this year’s Spring School featured:
- a total of 110 participants from 20 countries;
- a Faculty of 31 internationally renowned European leaders representing a broad spectrum of translational research on haemostaseology, the pulmonary circulation and right ventricular function as well as the clinical management of (venous) thromboembolism and pulmonary hypertension;
- 5 full days of intensive scientific exchange on thrombosis and thromboembolic disease;
- 13 basic science and clinical seminars in the plenary morning sessions;
- 12 interactive workshops focusing on research methodology and tough clinical decisions in the afternoon sessions;
- 3 keystone evening lectures on the management of venous thromboembolism and its sequelae;
- 3 sessions with poster abstract presentations, and 3 Young Investigator Awards;
- endorsement by 5 scientific societies;
- a total of 28 CME points by the European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC).
We are really very grateful for your active support which decisively contributed to the success of this international networking and early career supporting event. Most of all, we very much hope that you will join us for the Fourth International Spring School in May 2019 which we will improve even further based on the constructive comments that we received from our participants.
With very best regards
Stavros V. Konstantinides, MD Menno Huisman, MD