Dr. Camille Dupont
I come from Paris region in France. I obtained a Bachelor degree in Biology, followed by a Master's degree in Molecular Biology at the University of Versailles-Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines.
During my studies I developed a deep interest for epigenetic regulation of gene expression during the development or in response to pathology. This drove me to start a PhD project in the research team of Dr. Frédérique Peronnet, at Paris Sorbonne University. During my PhD, I investigated the roles of Drosophila Cyclin G in epigenetic regulation of gene expression and in maintenance of tissue homeostasis during development.
In 2015, I moved to United Kingdom where I worked as a post-doctoral fellow in the research group of Dr. Yun Fan, at the University of Birmingham. There I explored the way Drosophila tissues respond to events affecting their integrity, by studying the regulation of apoptosis and apoptosis-induced proliferation, a conserved process involved in tissue regeneration.
I then decided to change model organism to focus on investigating the molecular processes underlying human pathologies. This led me to join the research group of Prof. Krishnaraj Rajalingam in February 2019.
- 2011-2015: PhD in Biology at University Paris VI - Sorbonne University, Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Paris, France
- 2009-2011: Master in Molecular Biology, Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, France
- 2007-2009: Bachelor in Biology, Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, France
- Dupont CA, Riegel K, Pompaiah M, Juhl H, Rajalingam K. Druggable genome and precision medicine in cancer: current challenges. FEBS J. 2021Feb 24. doi:10.1111/febs.15788
- Dardalhon-Cuménal D, Deraze J, Dupont CA, Ribeiro V, Coléno-Costes A, Pouch J, Le Crom S, Thomassin H, Debat V, Randsholt NB, Peronnet F. Cyclin G and the Polycomb Repressive Complexes PRC1 and PR-DUB cooperate for developmental stability. PLoS Genet. 2018 Jul 11;14(7):e1007498. doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1007498.
- Dupont CA, Dardalhon-Cuménal D, Kyba M, Brock H, Peronnet F, Randsholt NB. Drosophila Cyclin G and epigenetic maintenance of gene expression during development. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2015 May 7;8:18. doi: 10.1186/s13072-015-0008-6.
- Bellazi L, Germond S, Dupont C, Brun-Heath I, Taillandier A, De Mazancourt P, Dieudonné MN, Mornet E. A sequence variation in the promoter of the placental alkaline phosphatase gene (ALPP) is associated with allele-specific expression in human term placenta. Placenta. 2010 Sep;31(9):764-9. doi: 10.1016/j.placenta.2010.06.012.