Scientific Writing II: Advanced
This workshop will provide participants with input, individual feedback and an opportunity to reflect on their own writing and develop strategies for taking it up to the next level.
- Strategies for enhancing readability / for making your texts sound like they are written by a native speaker
- Paragraph analysis
- The verb tenses in different sections of a paper
- Improving coherence and flow
- Writing effective titles
- Editing and peer-editing using checklists
- You can request a focus on specific topics in advance
Target audience, number of participants
Doctoral students and clinician scientists who are already familiar with the style and language conventions of scientific writing and have already successfully submitted one or more publications.
Maximum number of participants: 12
Input by trainer, practical writing exercises, working on and editing own texts, discussions, feedback from other participants and trainer.
The workshop includes preparation work: Please bring a sample of your writing to the workshop. For more details please see the mail from Transmed for registered course participants.
Next workshop: to be announced
Technology: to be announced
For the workshop 1 CP for transferable skills training can be credited.