Requirements for new PhD candidates (initial application):
- Submission of an application according to the guidelines of the PhD-MD/PhD Doctorate - How to Apply. At least one PI must be member of both, the FTN and TransMed.
- The complete application needs to be submitted to the Office of Doctoral Affairs not later than two weeks before the next scheduled meeting of the Joint Committee (JC).
- All applications will be evaluated by the JC.
- If the JC raises serious doubts about the qualification of the candidate and/or the research project, the application will be rejected.
- Applicants can receive funding for a FTN/TransMed Fellowship even before the next scheduled JC meeting. However, in case of rejection of the application by the JC, the FTN/TransMed Fellowship will be immediately terminated and the PhD candidate needs to pay back the full amount of money received so far.
- The funding period is limited to 48 months.