Basics of Epidemiology
This interactive online workshop gives you an overview and maybe a fresh-up about some basics of epidemiology.
- Introduction in epidemiological reasoning
- Examples for epidemiological research studies (from “Snow” to GHS)
- National and international sources for information on health
- Measurement in descriptive epidemiology
- Epidemiological studies
- Measurement in analytical epidemiology
- Systematic and random error
EPIDEMIOLOGY IV (optional)
- Designing and planning an observational study
- GEP: Good epidemiological practics
- Publication rules for epidemiological studies
- Systematic review and meta-analysis
Theoretical and practical input by the trainer, showing examples, doing exercises. Particpants can send their questions and areas of interest within epidemiology to the trainer and she will discuss them in the workshop.
Target audience: Doctoral students, postdocs and clinician scientists
Maximum number of participants: 15
Please send your questions and areas of interest within epidemiology to the trainer.
Next workshop: to be announced
Technology: MS TEAMS
Please check that your PC meets the requirements beforehand (microphone, camera, Internet connection).
For the workshop 0.8 CP for scientific skills training can be credited.