See risk areas according to the list of the RKI
Status 22.10.2020 - short-term adjustments are possible
Since September we have been able to offer treatment to patients from abroad again. However, due to the current corona pandemic, we advise you to observe the following information on entry requirements and our clinic guidelines:
Before travelling to Germany:
- On the basis of suitable patient documents, the University Medical Centre Mainz will check the medical necessity for treatment and the available capacities.
- Patients should enquire in advance at the German embassies whether they meet the current requirements for the issue of visas and for entry into Germany.
- To enter Germany, proof of a negative test on Sars-CoV-2 (not more than 48 hours ago) is required.
After arrival in Germany:
- Patients from risk areas must quarantine themselves for 7 days after entering Germany and before the first contact/appointment at our University Medical Centre Mainz. A suitable proof issued by an airline/hotel/landlord or an entry stamp must be presented.
- Following this quarantine (from the 8th day after entry) and before treatment can get started, a second Sars-CoV-2 test is required. A document that proofs the negative test result must be provided.
- The hospitalisation of an accompaning person cannot be offered at present. Exceptions are possible for children under treatment.
- Stricter visiting rules apply from 26.10.2020: Until further notice, no visitors are allowed on our clinic premises. Unfortunately, this means that patients cannot receive visitors during these stricter visiting regulations. Only in exceptional situations, the leading ward pysician may allow an exception.