A major focus of the clinic is research regarding stress-related mental disorders and affective dysregulation. Using a translational and transdiagnostic approach, we aim at identifying common underlying mechanisms and at developing innovative treatment approaches for mental disorders such as depression and bipolar affective disorders as well as attention deficit disorder and borderline personality disorder. Furthermore, we work on the identification of psychological and biological markers for improved therapy response prediction. Our clinical and translational research groups also closely collaborate on issues of emotion regulation and impulse control, which are common to many mental disorders.
The following working groups deal with the topic of affective disorders and affect regulation in different projects:
- Oettl LL, Scheller M, Filosa C, Wieland S, Haag F, Loeb C, Durstewitz D, Shusterman R, Russo E, Kelsch W (2020). Phasic dopamine reinforces distinct striatal stimulus encoding in the olfactory tubercle driving dopaminergic reward prediction. Nat Commun. 11(1):3460
- Stoffers-Winterling J, Storebø OJ, Lieb K (2020). Pharmacotherapy for Borderline Personality Disorder: an Update of Published, Unpublished and Ongoing Studies. Curr Psychiatry Rep.22(8):37. doi: 10.1007/s11920-020-01164-1
- Storebø OJ, Stoffers-Winterling JM, Völlm BA, Kongerslev MT, Mattivi JT, Jørgensen MS, Faltinsen E, Todorovac A, Sales CP, Callesen HE, Lieb K, Simonsen E (2020). Psychological therapies for people with borderline personality disorder. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 5(5):CD012955
- Herzog DP, Mellema RM, Remmers F, Lutz B, Müller MB, Treccani G (2020). Sexually Dimorphic Behavioral Profile in a Transgenic Model Enabling Targeted Recombination in Active Neurons in Response to Ketamine and (2R,6R)-Hydroxynorketamine Administration. Int J Mol Sci.21(6):2142
- Gerlicher AMV, Tüscher O, Kalisch R (2018) Dopamine-dependent prefrontal reactivations explain long-term benefit of fear extinction. Nat Commun 9(1):4294
- Herzog DP, Beckmann H, Lieb K, Ryu S, Müller MB (2018). Understanding and Predicting Antidepressant Response: Using Animal Models to Move Toward Precision Psychiatry. Front Psychiatry. 9:512
- van der Kooij MA, Jene T, Treccani G, Miederer I, Hasch A, Voelxen N, Walenta S, Müller MB (2018). Chronic social stress-induced hyperglycemia in mice couples individual stress susceptibility to impaired spatial memory. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 115(43):E10187-E10196
- Clemm von Hohenberg C, Weber-Fahr W, Lebhardt P, Ravi N, Braun U, Gass N, Becker R, Sack M, Cosa Linan A, Gerchen MF, Reinwald JR, Oetttl LL, Meyer-Lindenberg A, Vollmayer B, Kelsch W, Sartorius A (2018) Lateral habenula perturbation reduces default-mode network connectivity in a rat model of depression. Transl Psychiatry 8:68
- Carrillo-Roa T, Labermaier C, Weber P, Herzog DP, Lareau C, Santarelli S, Wagner KV, Rex-Haffner M, Harbich D, Scharf SH, Nemeroff CB, Dunlop BW, Craighead WE, Mayberg HS, Schmidt MV, Uhr M, Holsboer F, Sillaber I, Binder EB, Müller MB (2017). Common genes associated with antidepressant response in mouse and man identify key role of glucocorticoid receptor sensitivity. PLOS Biol15:e2002690
- Turner D, Sebastian A, Tüscher O (2017). Impulsivity and Cluster B Personality Disorders. Curr Psychiatry Rep.19(3):15. doi: 10.1007/s11920-017-0768-8.
- Retz W, Stieglitz RD, Corbisiero S, Retz-Junginger P, Rösler M (2012). Emotional dysregulation in adult ADHD: What is the empirical evidence?. Expert Rev Neurother.12(10):1241‐1251
- German Research Foundation (DFG)
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)