Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Manfred E. Beutel
In collaboration with the Institute for Work, Social- and Environmental Medicine: Prof. Dr. med. Dirk-Matthias Rose, Dr. med. Peter Kegel and Marian Tolksdorf
Lina Marie Mülder, M.Sc. Psych. (Research Associate)
The overarching goal of the work package is to provide best practice templates and tools to record, maintain or restore employee physical and mental health in a pandemic and to ensure that sufficient qualified personnel are available to deal with the pandemic.
Ensuring the ability to work through the development of prevention concepts, identification of risk factors for, tools for monitoring and interventions in cases of mental stress.
- What are risk factors and risk groups for mental stress in the context of the pandemic that endangers the ability to work?
- What are risk factors for absenteeism and presenteeism in the pandemic?
- What preventive and therapeutic interventions are available to protect and promote the mental health of employees in pandemics? How are these interventions classified in terms of the available evidence and how are they assessed by staff and where are there unmet needs?
- How can the mental stress of hospital staff in pandemics be monitored longitudinally using apps and early contact with intervention services (EAP system) be established?
- Establishment of a tiered employee assistance system (EAP system) for the staff of all university hospitals and care clinics in pandemics.
Duration: August 2020 – August 2021
Funders: Federal Ministry of Education and Research