Geethanjali Pickert, PhD, is postdoctoral fellow (habilitation) at TIM.
She received her PhD degree at the Institute of Integrative Neuroanatomy, Charité, University Medcine, Berlin, Germany. She was postdoctoral fellow at the University of Mainz, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Germany (lab of Prof. M. Neurath) from 2008-2009. She then moved to the University of Frankfurt, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, from 2009-2012, and in 2013 joined TIM.
Her research focuses on studies of the immunologic and molecular mechanisms involved in the development of inflammation and cancer within the gut (specifically inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and IBD associated colon cancer). One part of her research is aimed at identification of novel biomarkers and important nutritional triggers of intestinal inflammation and cancer of the GI-tract.
- Sailler S, Schmitz K, Jäger E, Ferreiros N, Wicker S, Zschiebsch K, Pickert G, Geisslinger G, Walter C, Tegeder I, Lötsch J. Regulation of circulating endocannabinoids associated with cancer and metastases in mice and humand. Oncoscience. 2014 Apr 30;1(4):272-82. eCollection 2014.
- Wittkopf N, Pickert G, Billmeier U, Mahapatro M, Wirtz S, Martini E, Leppkes M, Neurath MF, Becker C. Activation of intestinal epithelial Stat3 orchestrates tissue defense during gastrointestinal infection. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 23;10(3):e0118401. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0118401. eCollection 2015
- Schmitz K*, Pickert G*, Wijnvoord N,Lim HY, Häussler A, Tegeder I. Dichotomy of CCL21 and CXCR3 in nerve injury-evoked and autoimmunity-evoked hyperalgesia. Brain Behav Immun. 2013 Apr 30. * Equaly contribution .
- Pickert G, Lim HY, Weigert A, Häussler A, Myrczek T, Waldner M, Labocha S, Ferreirós N, Geisslinger G, Lötsch J, Becker C, Brüne B, Tegeder I. Inhibition of GTP cyclohydrolase attenuates tumor growth by reducing angiogenesis and M2-like polarization of tumor associated macrophages. Int J Cancer. 2012 Jun 30.
- Pickert G, Myrczek T, Rückert S, Weigert A, Häussler A, Ferreirós N, Brüne B, Lötsch J, Tegeder I. Inhibition of GTP cyclohydrolase reduces cancer pain in mice and enhances analgesic effects of morphine. J Mol Med (Berl). 2012 Jun 17
- Neufert C, Pickert G, Zheng Y, Wittkopf N, Warntjen M, Nikolaev A, Ouyang W, Neurath MF and Becker C. Activation of epithelial STAT3 regulates intestinal homeostasis. Cell Cycle. 9:4.
- Pickert G, Neufert C, Leppkes M, Zheng Y, Wittkopf N, Warntjen M, Lehr HA, Hirth S, Weigmann B, Wirtz S, Ouyang W, Neurath MF, Becker C (2009): STAT3 links IL-22 signaling in intestinal epithelial cells to mucosal wound healing. J Exp Med. 6;206(7):1465-72. (Cited by over 100 PubMed Central articles)
- Bockhart V, Constantin CE, Häussler A, Wijnvoord N, Kanngiesser M, Myrczek T, Pickert G, Popp L, Sobotzik JM, Pasparakis M, Kuner R, Geisslinger G, Schultz C, Kress M, Tegeder I (2009): Inhibitor kappaB Kinase beta deficiency in primary nociceptive neurons increases TRP channel sensitivity. J Neurosci. 14;29(41):12919-29.