Our University Medical Center is located in the city of Mainz.
There is a direct connection from Frankfurt airport to Mainz. High-speed trains, regional trains and trams run between the airports train stations (‘Regionalbahnhof’ and ‘Fernbahnhof’) and the city of Mainz - on a regular basis. Timetables are available at the travel information services run by:
RMV regional transport authority
Taxis can be found in front of all terminals of the airport. You will need approximately 30-45 minutes to reach our University Medical Center in Mainz.
A current train timetable to and from the Mainz central station (‘Mainz Hauptbahnhof’) and the southern Mainz station (‘Mainz Römisches Theater’) can be found in different languages at the site of Deutsche Bahn.
At the motorway intersection labeled Mainz-Süd (A60/A63), proceed towards the center of town ("Zentrum") and follow the signs that say ‘Universitätskliniken’. Please note that parking on our premises is limited and parking fees apply.
Coming by bus:
Take the following bus lines to reach us from the Mainz main station:
• 62 (going from Gonsenheim Wildpark to Weisenau/Friedrich-Ebert-Str.)
• 63 (going from Mombach/Am Lemmchen to Laubenheim)
• 67 (going from Mainz Hbf to Zornheim/Hahnheimer Str.)
• 71 (going from Stadecken to Landwehrweg)
Get off the bus at the bus stop called “Universitätsmedizin”. It is right in front of our campus.
Coming by tram:
You can take the following tram lines to reach us:
• 50 (going from Finthen/Römerquelle to Hechtsheim/Bürgerhaus)
• 51 (going from Finthen/Poststraße to Hechtsheim/Bürgerhaus)
• 52 (going from Bretzenheim/Bahnstraße to Hechtsheim/Am Schinnergraben)
Get off the tram at the tram stop called "Gautor".It is a 5 minute walk to reach our campus.
Detailed information about busses and trams is available (in German only) on the Web site of the Mainz transit System: MVG