The Frankfurt/Main airport is some 30 km from here, and the Frankfurt-Hahn airport in the Hunsrück region is around 90 kilometers away.
There is a direct train connection from the Frankfurt/Main airport to Mainz. High-speed trains, regional trains and trams run between both cities on a regular basis.
Timetables are available at the travel information service run by the RMV regional transport authority and Fraport and the Deutsche Bahn.
There is an airport shuttle bus which takes you to and from the airport in Frankfurt-Hahn. The trip takes about 70 minutes.
A current train timetable to and from the Mainz central station (‘Mainz Hauptbahnhof’) and the southern Mainz station (‘Mainz Römisches Theater’) can be found at the Deutsche Bahn.
You can take the following bus lines to reach us from the Mainz main station:
• 62 (going from Gonsenheim Wildpark to Weisenau/Friedrich-Ebert-Str.)
• 63 (going from Mombach/Am Lemmchen to Laubenheim)
• 67 (going from Mainz Hbf to Zornheim/Hahnheimer Str.)
• 71 (going from Stadecken to Landwehrweg)
Get off the bus at the stop called Universitätsmedizin.
You can take the following tram lines to reach us:
• 50 (going from Finthen/Römerquelle to Hechtsheim/Bürgerhaus)
• 51 (going from Finthen/Poststraße to Hechtsheim/Bürgerhaus)
• 52 (going from Bretzenheim/Bahnstraße to Hechtsheim/Am Schinnergraben)
Get off the tram at the stop called "Gautor".
Detailed information about busses and trams is available (in German only) on the Web site of the Mainz transit system (www.mvg-mainz.de).
At the motorway intersection labeled Mainz-Süd (A60/A63), proceed towards the center of town ("Zentrum") and follow the signs that say ‘Universitätskliniken’.
Get directions using Google's free map program: