The novel coronavirus-induced disease (COVID-19) is caused by a new beta-coronavirus (SARS coronavirus 2, or SARS-CoV-2). The COVID-19 disease implies a complex symptom burden in the acute and sub-acute phase, possibly with long-term side effects. The social implications of the disease such as quarantine and social distancing might also have a negative impact on patients’ health-related quality of life. In addition, the treatments that are tested in clinical trials may have serious side effects.
We therefore develop a questionnaire to assess health-related quality of life together with colleagues from Europe and Asia.
More information: on the project's website of Oslo University
- Kristin Bjordal, MD, PhD, Professor University of Oslo, Head Research support services, Oslo University Hospital, Norway
- Cecilie Delphin Amdal, MD, PhD, Principal investigator, Head PROMiNET (a Regional Infrastructure for Patient Reported Outcome Measures in Clinical Research), Research support services, Oslo University Hospital, Norway
- Andrew Bottomley, PhD, European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC), Belgium
- Nina M Jørgensen, MS, Medical librarian, Medical Library, University of Oslo, PROMiNET, Oslo University Hospital, Norway
- Dagmara Kulis, MA, Translation Team Leader, Quality of Life Department, EORTC, Belgium
- Claire Piccinin, MS, Researcher, Quality of Life Department, EORTC, Belgium
- Madeline Pe, PhD, Quality of Life Specialist, EORTC, Belgium
- Ragnhild Sørum Falk, Statistician, PhD, PROMiNET, Research support services, Oslo University Hospital, Norway
- Stein Arne Rimehaug, MS, Counsellor Regional Competence Service Rehabilitation, Regional Health Authority of South-Eastern Norway, PROMiNET, Oslo University Hospital, Norway
- Bernard Holzner, PhD, Professor, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
- Kristin Hofsø, RN, PhD, Associated Professor Lovisenberg Diaconal University College, Postdoc, Division of Emergencies and Critical care, Oslo University Hospital, Norway.
- Anne Sophie Darlington, PhD, Professor, Chair of the EORTC Quality of Life Group, School of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
- Sally Wheelwright, PhD, Senior Research Fellow, Macmillan Survivorship Research Group Health Sciences, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
- Juan Arraras, PhD, Clinical Psychologist, Servicio de Navarro de Salud, Pamplona, Spain
- Gracia Dekanic, Mpsych, Psychologist, Department of clinical, health and organizational psychology, Clinical Hospital Centre Rijeka, Croatia
- Melissa Mariano, MD, MSc, Department of Psychiatry, Manila, The Phillipines