Definition: D-MIKRO (see also Diagnostics compact)
- Only emergencies (e.g. suspected meningitis, gas gangrene, fulminant wound infections, materials that can no longer be obtained intraoperatively, etc.) should be declared as D-MIKRO.
- Immediate transport to the microbiology department without intermediate storage by the transport service.
- Immediate processing by the microbiologist on duty after consultation with the clinical colleague.
Procedure for the sender
1. Labeling of the transport plastic cover with sticker D-MIKRO*1 or handwritten
2. Immediate telephone notification of the microbiologist on duty (hospital switchboard)
3. Immediate notification of the transport service
*1 labels can be requested directly from our sample collection department (17-9158)