Juliane Mooz was born in Berlin, Germany. She studied Biology at the Julius Maximilian University, Würzburg and obtained her diploma degree in 2007.
She has always been interested in scientific journalism, conveying information about the world of science to a public forum.
After finishing University, she had been involved in radio broadcasting, "Talking about science".
In 2009, she joined the lab of Dr. Krishnaraj Rajalingam, studying the regulation of MAPK signaling with a special focus on RAF kinases and its understudied member ARAF.
- 2009 - 2015 PhD student at the Institute of Biochemistry II J. W. Goethe University Medical School Cell Death Signaling group (AG Rajalingam)
- 2008 "Talking about science" - exploring the field of scientific journalism via radio broadcast
- 2007 Master thesis: "Modulation of cell survival by Prohibitins" under supervision of Prof. Dr. Ulf Rapp in collaboration with Dr. K. Rajalingam, Institut für Medizinische Strahlenkunde und Zellforschung
- 2004 - 2007 Postgraduate studies at Würzburg University including year(s) abroad:
- Umeå University, Sweden (Tumor Biology),
- joining Simon Tuck´s lab at UCMP (C. elegans);
fieldwork in Wales (Marine Biology) and Malaysia (Invasive Biology)
- 2001 - 2003 Undergraduate studies in Biology at Würzburg University
- 2000 - 2001 Social service in England
- Mooz, J., K. Riegel, H. Ps, A. Sadanandam, F. Marini, M. Klein, U. Werner, W. Roth, A. Wilken-Schmitz, I. Tegeder, and K. Rajalingam, ARAF suppresses ERBB3 expression and metastasis in a subset of lung cancers. Sci Adv, 2022. 8(11): p. eabk1538.
- Mooz J, Oberoi-Khanuja TK, Harms GS, Wang W, Jaiswal BS, Seshagiri S, Tikkanen R, Rajalingam K. Dimerization of the kinase ARAF promotes MAPK pathway activation and cell migration. Sci Signal. 2014 Aug 5;7(337):ra73. doi: 10.1126/scisignal.2005484.
- Camargo Lde L, Babelova A, Mieth A, Weigert A, Mooz J, Rajalingam K, Heide H, Wittig I, Lopes LR, Brandes RP. Endo-PDI is required for TNFα-induced angiogenesis. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013 Dec;65:1398-407. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2013.09.028. Epub 2013 Oct 5.
- Amaddii M, Meister M, Banning A, Tomasovic A, Mooz J, Rajalingam K, Tikkanen R. Flotillin-1/reggie-2 protein plays dual role in activation of receptor-tyrosine kinase/mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling. J Biol Chem. 2012 Mar 2;287(10):7265-78. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M111.287599. Epub 2012 Jan 9.
- Oberoi TK*, Dogan T*, Hocking JC, Scholz RP, Mooz J, Anderson CL, Karreman C, Meyer zu Heringdorf D, Schmidt G, Ruonala M, Namikawa K, Harms GS, Carpy A, Macek B, Köster RW, Rajalingam K. IAPs regulate the plasticity of cell migration by directly targeting Rac1 for degradation. EMBO J. 2012 Jan 4;31(1):14-28. doi: 10.1038/emboj.2011.423. Epub 2011 Nov 25.