The CTH offers postdoctoral positions within its Virchow Fellowship Program. The projects will be developed with the chosen mentor.
- Independent development and refinement of a scientific project in the field of thrombosis and hemostasis research. In particular, the integration of scientific and clinical issues through the active acquisition of academic and industrial cooperation partners in Germany and abroad is of importance.
- Independent handling of scientific questions in the laboratory and appropriation of new scientific methods, including the independent analysis of the generated data and implementation into new questions.
- Guidance and support of technical staff, Bachelor, Master and doctoral students in the laboratory (practice).
- Writing of publications and applications for third-party funding.
- Active participation in internal meetings and presentation of scientific results at national and international congresses
- Degree in medicine or biomedical science with doctorate (Dr. med., Dr. rer. nat., PhD or comparable degree)
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Sound knowledge of good scientific work with track record in translational research
- Very good knowledge in the project-specific area
- High commitment, time flexibility and team spirit
- Commitment to develop an independent research program relevant for thrombosis & hemostasis research
- 30 months Virchow Fellowship position starting July 2020 or January 2021
- Possibility to develop your own research profile
- Interdisciplinary mentoring team
- The opportunity to work in state-of-the art facilities with an international team of highly motivated people
Candidates for full proposal application will be selected from submitted project ideas. Submit a letter of intent with a 2-page summary of your prior research experience and a proposed area of research that complements the centers profile. Please include a CV with a complete list of publications, prior and expected funding, academic achievements/honors, and references for letters of recommendation.
Email your letter of intent with the reference number 50076727 to email@example.com until 31.01.2020. For further information, contact Ms. Eva-Maria Kamionka (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Jana Grünewald (email@example.com) or visit www.cth-mainz.de.
Virchow Fellowship Program -
a postdoctoral program for clinical and translational scientists
The Virchow Fellowship Program (VFP) promotes young academics with its main focus being the integration of research and clinical practice. As a central element of translational career advancement, the program is one of the most important elements of the CTH to structurally and sustainably strengthen patient-oriented and clinical research. The Virchow Fellowship Program offers physicians holding an MD and natural scientists (e.g. biochemistry, biology, pharmacology, biometry/epidemiology or other areas) the possibility to pursue a structural career plan in connection with a scientific research project in the field of thrombosis or hemostasis. Thus the professional career, the research project as well as the individual advancement are ideally combined.
More information about the VFP can be found below:
The Virchow Fellowship is an individual-personal promotion. For the CTH it is primarily about yourself and your career.
We as a training team and the CTH as a whole will support you in developing your career
- through a structured and guided mentoring
- through critical and favorable evaluations
- by a cooperative and multidisciplinary environment with many networking opportunities
- by diverse and international contacts with appropriate courses for your professional and personal development
- by equal opportunities in staff development and family-friendliness.
Members of the Virchow-Committee
- Prof. Wolfram Ruf
- Prof. Stavros Konstantinides
- Prof. Sven Danckwardt
- Prof. Tommaso Gori
- PD Dr. Claudine Graf
- Dr. Jürgen Prochaska
- Prof. Markus Radsak
- Jun. Prof. Christoph Reinhardt
- Prof. Dr. Philip Wenzel