The workshop serves to prevent conflicts in scientific working as well as their treatment.
The following methods are used: dialogic short presentations, participant-specific case studies, targeted invidual and group work, discussions and reflections
- Basics of responsible conduct and professional ethos of a researcher
- Introduction: Research, ethical principles and ethos
- Basic (inter-)national recommendations and regulations for safeguarding good research practice and research integrity
- Research misconduct: Examples, elements of offense, reasons and consequences (incl. excursus on plagiarism and copyright)
- General Responsibilities
- Quality Management, research design and documentation/archiving
- Publication process, authorship and review of manuscripts
- Supervision: Expectations, duties and roles
- Organizational culture: Collaboration, communication, prevention in dealing with conflict
- Procedures in case of suspicion and relevant contact points
- Important specific responsibilities [*depending on participants’ disciplinary/research background]
- Important prior to any data collection: Authorization or permission relevant research
- [Research on animals]*
- [Research on humans]*
- [Surveys, interviews, data privacy and security issues of personal data in research]*
Target audience: TransMed's doctoral candidates, clinician scientists, and postdocs (if possible at an early stage of the research career). The workshop is mandatory for all TransMed members!
Number of participants: Max. 20 participants
Next wokshop: In 2023, to be announced
Technology: Zoom. Please check that your PC meets the requirements beforehand (microphone, camera, Internet connection).
For the workshop 1 CP for scientific skills can be credited.